Policies & Procedures
Southwell Town Council is governed by a number of Policies and Procedures, some of which are statutory – which means it is required by law to publish them and conduct its business according to those rules. Others are up to the Council to create (though can incorporate statutory requirements) and have to be adopted by a vote by the Full Council. Click on the links below to read the Town Council’s Policies and Procedures.
Financial & Other Statutory Documents
Southwell Town Council is required by law to make public certain documents relating to its financial management and the conduct of Councillors. Some financial documents do not have to be posted on this website (and may only need to ‘be available’, that is, by visiting the Town Council office to read a copy). However, Southwell Town Council believes that best practice requires those documents which should be available to the public to be published on its website. Click on the links below to read the Town Council’s financial and other statutory documents.
Data Protection – GDPR
In order to conduct its business, services and duties, Southwell Town Council processes a wide range of data, relating to its own operations and some which it handles on behalf of partners. In broad terms, this data can be classified as:
- Data shared in the public arena about the services it offers, its mode of operations and other information it is required to make available to the public.
- Confidential information and data not yet in the public arena such as ideas or policies that are being worked up.
- Confidential information about other organisations because of commercial sensitivity.
- Personal data concerning its current, past and potential employees, Councillors, and volunteers.
- Personal data concerning individuals who contact it for information, to access its services or facilities or to make a complaint.
Southwell Town Council has adopted procedures for the responsible management of all data which it handles and respects the confidentiality of both its own data and that belonging to partner organisations it works with and members of the public. The GDPR policies adopted by Southwell Town Council can be read by clicking on the links below.