The Door 2 Door service is available across the Newark and Sherwood district – here’s all the information! To view the poster click here
Door 2 Door:
- Volunteer run social transport service for those who are otherwise isolated, enabling them to live independently, participate in their communities, access education, employment, health and other services.
- Volunteers use their own vehicles and collect service users from their homes, taking them to where they need to go; shops, visit friends, take part in leisure activities or attend medical appointments etc.
- Key service user groups include; disabled people, people with long term conditions, vulnerable older people, those who are isolated and in rural communities and those who struggle to access public transport.
- Single membership: £40. Joint membership at the same address: £45.
- Journey costs: 45p per mile plus £3 booking fee
- We are always looking for volunteers! Training provided and expenses paid. Required to live in Newark & Sherwood district and have their own vehicle.
- 01636 611220